What WE DO
ABSI Connect seeks to bridge and amplify social, economic and ecological impact initiatives that are successfully challenging the status quo in Alberta, to transform the way we forge solutions to our province's most complex challenges.
- Support and enhance the existing strengths of, and momentum around, social innovation in Alberta.
- Amplify the voices of the unheard people, organizations and movements that are tackling complex challenges and might feel isolated from the social innovation ecosystem in Alberta.
- Foster an enabling environment for a culture of innovation where Albertan impact initiatives have the capacity to ignite, test and implement innovative solutions together.
- Position Alberta as a social impact leader in Canada and abroad.
OUR CommON AGENDA
- Working Deeper Together
- Making Room for Risk Taking and Experimentation
- Replace Strategic Plans with Adaptive Processes
- Master Our Social Innovation ‘Craft’
- Fund the Problem
- Design Policies that Talk Better Together
We invite Albertans to take up this agenda and consider our shared vision for the future:
to collectively strive to address social and environmental problems at their root, stopping them from existing in the first place.
Finding and connecting the ‘bright spots’ within Alberta’s social innovation ecosystem to develop shared vision and ownership of a better future for Alberta.
Increasing social capital amongst diverse individuals and organizations to develop system-wide relationships for collective impact.
Discovering and amplifying stories of success to expose the distinguishing characteristics and common patterns of effective systems change in Alberta.
Acting boldly, thinking critically and honouring reciprocity so as to influence the development of a cohesive, collaborative, and widespread network of social innovators in Alberta.